Natural stone, granite and marble floors are beautiful additions to any home, however, care must be taken to keep them clean and free of damage. Although strong and hard like all good things a tiny amount of maintenance is required to keep your tiles looking fabulous. Below are some safe cleaning tips for these surfaces.
Things You'll Need
- Lithofin MN Power Clean or Lithofin Easy care or other suitably certified stone cleaner.
- Microfiber Cloth
- Vacuum or Broom
- Lithofin Mn Stainstop Sealer
- Sponge or clean cloth
Do’s and Don’ts:
- DO test any cleaners and sealing products on an inconspicuous area first and be satisfied with the results before applying to the whole floor.
- DO Always follows manufacturers instructions when using products on tiles
- DO use a sealant on your stone surfaces when installed and refresh as specified by the manufacturer
- DON’T use products that contain lemon juice, vinegar or other acids these will etch the surface
- DON’T use abrasive materials like steel wool, microfiber scrub pads, scrapers or abrasive cleansers on these materials as they will scratch the surface
- DON’T use ammonia-based cleaners, they will dull the surface
- DON’T Use a steam cleaner on natural stone tiles
How To Clean:
- Vacuum or sweep the floor and remove any dirt/dust particles.
- Fill a bucket with warm water and use just the water or mix in the required amount of cleaner. Change the solution when it gets cloudy or dirty.
- Wet the microfiber cloth and/or mop, ring thoroughly and clean using circular motions Wash the floors by starting at the outermost corner of the room and working methodically towards the room exit.
- Allow the floors to air dry
- When the tiles are completely dry apply sealer as per manufacturers recommend instructions.
- For stubborn stains or surface issues contact our team on 01904 488605 for more specific advice